Monday, June 13, 2011

Emotional Russian Roulette

I like that the editors decided to use that phrase in the back cover copy of BEHIND THE PALACE WALLS. I was *thrilled* when I saw it, in fact! Because that's exactly what's going on in the story. Prince Alexei Voronov and Paige Barnes are playing for high stakes and wagering their hearts in the process. Not that either of them realize it, of course.

Alexei is convinced he doesn't have a heart left to wager. He's buried his feelings so deep, and been so focused on his goal of taking over Paige's boss's company, that he can't see how Paige might just be the armor-piercing bullet that shatters all his machinations.

This is the kind of story I love the most. A hard-hearted hero, a stoic heroine, an exotic location, and passion spiraling out of control. Call me prejudiced (and I am), but that's why I think Harlequin Presents books are THE BEST romances out there. I've been a fan since I was about twelve or so -- and I'm so honored that I get to write these stories now.

BEHIND THE PALACE WALLS is my first Russian hero, and my first Russian set novel. (In the UK, this book was called PRINCE VORONOV'S VIRGIN and it was the Mills & Boon Book of the Month for January.) I had so much fun writing it that I'm starting to think about another Russian hero. In the meantime, I hope you will enjoy this story!


‘Kiss me,’ he growled… ‘And make it believable.’

Alone and scared on the dark streets of Moscow, staid, bespectacled Paige Barnes has no choice but to comply with the handsome stranger’s command…

Little does Paige know she’s been rescued by Alexei Voronov—a Russian prince and her boss’s deadliest rival. Now he has Paige unexpectedly in his sights, Alexei is prepared to play emotional Russian roulette to keep her close and discover her true motives. But in his splendid gilded palace his game of chance spins out of control and passion takes over…

It’s only when she’s back home that Paige realizes she’s pregnant with the Prince’s baby…

For more information on this story, visit my website for a Behind the Book feature and an Excerpt! When this book was released in the UK, it sold out very quickly, so don't wait if you want a paper copy. If you're reading it as an ebook, then of course you don't have to worry about the store selling out. :)

I'd love to hear from my readers, so please don't hesitate to send me an email at Lynn AT LynnRayeHarris DOT com.

Here are a couple of comments from the Mills & Boon website:

"Really enjoyed this book, the story was great I enjoyed both characters."

"Really enjoyed this book. Alexei was a very sexy alpha male - yummy. Liked the story line and Russian setting made a nice change."

"I loved this book. Strong and exciting story! I couldn't put it down until I have finished reading it! "

2 comments:

  1. I love the cover to this one, Lynn! I think it totally promises all the passion and excitement of a great Presents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynn,
    Your novel sounds classic Presents. Another one to add to my TBR list. I can barely see over it now!

    ReplyDelete